Thursday, October 23, 2014

Personal Branding Equity

Thank God, although the weather for today's after 6pm was not good, i still came to class so that gave me inspiration to write this blog :P

It is because i attended today's marketing class, we discussed about branding equity. 30 minutes before class over, lecturer gave us time to think about our personal branding equity. What is our equity that make us different with other people, that make us be chosen out of others.

Well, it was hard for me at first, because this kind of question usually asked if we do the job interview, which is every time i got call for job interview, it is always hard to describe about myself.

It might be not our fault to think hard about ourself, how good we give value about ourself, how well we know ourself, because i think it is because school that we attended since kid did not provide us lessons like this, so we have to know it more by digging that knowledge by ourself.

***

So, i think hard about myself, how i could be 'useful' for others, how i could be me, that is different that other people. Here are some of my 'overconfident' branding equity about myself: :D

The most valuable thing that i want people think about when they heard something about me is: a good listener. It is because i have this passion: i love to hear what people told about their stories, their problems. Sometimes, people tend to hear the problem for giving comments, replies, moreover, giving judgement. But for me, i tried to put myself in their position first, if i were them, what i would feel, what kind of action that i want to do, what are the risks of doing each of actions. Sometimes, listening them and knowing their condition are what people want to get from telling their stories, because they don't always want to get suggestions. 

Second, i want people know me as a punctual person. Well, i know that every little time that passed even for one second can't be taken back. So, i really appreciate time. When people want to meet me, it means that they want to give some of their time for me, and if they come on time, they appreciate my time that i've spare to them.

Actually it is kinda hard for me knowing about myself, so i asked some of friends about me. I consider it as my brand equity, lol. Some friends told me that i am friendly. Am i?? They told me that i am categorised as a sociable person, that i could easily enter some community and become part of community fast. I actually don't think the same as my friends' thought. But, i more considered my self as a friendship maintainer (lol, pardon my language). I tried to contact some of my friends (especially gay one, because you know, gay tends to come and leave soon as their found that the people they just knew didn't quietly matched their criteria- even the motive is friendship.) I message them, asking about their life. Maybe, some of them may think that i am 'kepo'. But, well, people could think whatever their want, at least i do it for valuing my brand equity, lol.

Maybe that's enough for me writing my brand equity-related-to this blog, because i think reader would lazy to read the long written post, right? Besides, if i write others like i am discipline, could work under pressure, diligent, blah blah that is irrelevant and no point for finding someone special here #eh #wrongmotive lol.

As human, there is time when i didn't accomplish all those things. Maybe because i didn't concentrate enough to hear the problems, or maybe because at that time i had my own problem, etc. But well, i think, that's a normal thing. And i will try to fix it, so if people think about those three bold words above,  without thinking they will directly point me. :P

I won't write my weaknesses in here because my weaknesses could effect my equity, lol, so maybe next time in other post. And yes, feel free to add another brand equity of me by dropping comments here. :D

2 comments:

  1. Sincere is your strength, lil bro. Nuf said. I see it in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its loyalty...

    ReplyDelete